Thursday 6 June 2013

Forth Art Journal Page :)

When I came across this quote the other day "Take a deep breath, its just a BAD DAY not a BAD LIFE " I knew it was one I wanted to use in my Journal and seemed fitting to use when I started My page yesterday as I was feeling grumpy and fed up, though it was a perfect sunny day. 

Here is my completed page. I started off by printing a Digital Stamp from a kit called Block Party Stamps by  Ziggle Designs by Kami form Scrap Orchard, Which was another freebie I downloaded ages ago. I printed one of the stamps on to A4 paper and stuck onto my double spread. I then used some Blue ink and a Imagination crafts stencil template called Butterfly Blossom Border to create little flowers in the back ground. For the Quote I used Black Foam letters and added some white paint to make the quote stand out.



I then used a template by Crafters Workshop called Mini Bricks and some Texture paste mixed with Red and Black Acrylic paint to create a brick border on the left and right sides of the page. Once my Characters were stuck in place I stamped some Clouds and used some Black Paint and Texture paste to create rain clouds and then added gold droplet rhinestones as they showed up better as raindrops. I also added some leaves and flowers too. 

I decided to use The mouse and Hedgehog stamp from the Country Companions Stamps I had and so stamped them and coloured them in using Promarkers. For the Mouse I used Sandstone, Ginger, Pale Pink and Arctic Blue. 


And for the Hedgehog I used Bright Green, Cocoa, Raw Sienna and Sandstone. I made a mistake with him when it came to sticking though and that was using my paintbrush that I had used for lightening up some of the background paper with Gesso, so the image went a bit pale so after the Gel Medium dried I tried going over some of the areas again with the same colours and a Black Glaze Sukura Peen and it seemed to do the trick. 

2 comments:

Bev Tonks said...

Oooh I love this it's beautiful x

Virginia said...

Oh that's utterly utterly gorgeous, I love the quote - could be my mantra at the moment!