Tuesday 13 November 2012

Double Layout and A single Layout :)

So its only taken me 5 years to Scrap Christmas "07". I have had the photos printed for some time in size 2x3 inches and this was way before I knew about Projects such as Daily December, So they have been sitting there. I decided to put together a double spread and do a Highlight of Christmas for that year.

I didn't use fancy papers this time, just wanted to do a quick and simple layout. I used White Card Stock (the sheets you find in the sleeves of new albums) and then stuck down a sheet of 12x12 Red Paper from a cheap pack that my Mum was Kind enough to pick up. I had to do a little bit of cutting down the photos so they all fit properly and I mounted them up on to some Striped Christmas Paper from Three Bugs in a Rug - North Pole Coboodle Kit. And I also used some stickers from this kit too.


                               
I then used a Black Glaze Sutkura Pen to Doodle and False Stitch around the edge. 

For the second page I did the same as the first and used Three Bugs In a Rug - Plaid sheet from the same Kit to mount the photos. 
I did the same with doodles and used Alphabet Stickers for the title. 

Next up is My Single Layout based on this Digital Template: 
My Adaptation: 
This layout was done using purely Echo Park Papers, Love the bright colours. The Zig Zag part was the fiddly part, as any one knows me working with measurements isn't my idea of fun lol. 
I cut a strip of paper buttons and using a Decorative Punch I bordered either side of the strip and then used a Black Promarker with fine nib to go round the edges and inside the heart to make it stand out. 
I covered Chipboard Stars in patterned papers and then used a Black Promarker to do the outlines again to make them stand out. 
I used Alphabet Stickers to do the title. Some were from Echo Park and others were from Dovecraft. 

So that's it from me, but have quite a few projects that I'm hoping to get going with so hopefully it won't be long till my next post. Also Who's taking part in Daily December this year. I know I have not successfully completed the last years, But I am hoping that this years will be a blast as I have decided to follow in Ali's foot steps with the Album Size and Simplicity. I have found my chosen kit and its an old one I won a while back. All will be revealed soon as I am very excited and keen to get started. If your reading this and have no idea what Daily December is click Here

Thanks for stopping by :) 
           




1 comment:

Thea said...

Hello Vixen, i just saw your request of my template...i'm sorry...but my email is at the top of the template site, if you click on ie it you can email me....

Greetings Thea