Thursday 16 June 2011

Thank you and attempt at sketch

Evening all, First before I show off my newest LO I would like to say a huge thank you to Everyone's kind comments, they mean a lot and give me enthusiasm to continue with my hobby so keep them coming I love reading them :)

So here is my latest LO, My take on Shimelle's June 15th Scrapbook Sketch of the Week :)

The photo is of Willow - My middle Son's Adopted Penguin at Weymouth Sea Life Centre. I used some scraps of papers left from Echo Park's Everyone Loves Christmas.

I bought a Scalloped Border Punch at the weekend which I was desperate to use and decided I wanted to give the a layout a bit of 3D look so I mounted some of the borders on to foam pads. I inked all the edges with black ink to make them look less flat once stuck down.
As I wanted the title to stand out and Willow's tag was red I decided to use some plain white chipboard letters for the Penguin's name and coloured each letter red with a Promarker :) and then for the journalling I used Echo Park's Everyone Loves Christmas letter stickers.
I decided the sides of the Penguin photo looked rather plain so mixed some Green Acrylic Paint and Silver glitter glue together and painted around the edges :)

13 comments:

Wendy said...

What a great photo... and I love those 3D scalloped borders :-)

Sue Jones said...

Great Layout :)

JO SOWERBY said...

hopped over from shimelle's to see ur lovely LO and the star penguin too. lovely,
jo xxx

Kate said...

Cute layout, great to see you blogging!

** kate **

Virginia said...

That is a fabulous sketch - love it!

Dan said...

Great LO, and those layered scallop edges are fantastic!

Ali said...

love all those layers and the penguin is so cute :)

Katherine said...

My DS would love to adopt a penguin - beautiful photo, and LO,

Unknown said...

I love what you've done with the scallops

fatmonica said...

Lovely layout!I love that penguin and the scalloped edges finish it off well.

Claire said...

Fab layout, really love it.
C
xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great layout :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo, what a nice thing to do, would love to adopt an animal of some sort. Lovely layout.