Monday 16 November 2009

Well what a Cyber Crop it was fantastic :) (over on Ukscrappers ) I did so much better this time round and completed three classes :) Got a few more to do which I'm going to attempt over the week. But its not a race and its the taking part that counts and I loved every minute of it, So thankyou to the team on UKscrappers for putting the crop together and thankyou to the wonder Teachers and to the Sponsers for their wonderful kits. I was so chuffed to recieve mine, they were fab and best off all they took me out of my comfort zone and got me to work with papers that I wouldn't necessarily pick out my self and try new products :)

On with my LO's Below is One of the LOs I did with The mystery kit. I have another but it needs completeing and I still have bits left from the kit to work with :)
My take on the Twister & Shout class by Taniwah and PaperArts. I love how my LO turned out and have definantly found a love for distressing and inking through this class.


Here's My take on the class by Ifa - Over the Rainbow. I used own stash for this class and think the LO worked out well. Love the yellow cardstock I used :) The Title reads Young Love and the writeing reads Todd & Courteney are so in love at 5yrs old, they have already mapped out their future - a job at Tescos & two children named Megatron and Bumblebee from Transformers. Now 6 & still going strong.

Last class I've done so far was Shimelle's Take No Notice Of The Man Behind The Curtain and I managed to get a kit yippe :) Had never taken part in any of her classes before or had one of her kits and it was awsome and I loved my LO as it was perfect for a couple of my wedding photos.
Ok on to my pumpkin, I wasn't going to post pics of my Pumpkin until he was painted but I decided to give in lol so here he is in different stages lol
Starting Life as a plastic bin bag filled with scrumpled newspaper and tied with cord to form ridges. where I tied the bag I fixed a toilet roll on top with Masking Tape to create the stalk :)
Paper mached, this took forever lol, I used wall paper paste and newspaper to cover the bin bag and after the bag had a layer covered I waited for it to dry before doing another layer. I repeated this process till it felt rock solid and wasn't flimsey.
Once it was rock solid I cut a whole out of the bottom and took all the newspaper out and bin bag till I had a shell :) unfortunantly after making the whole it made the pumpkin feel flimzy in places, so I used Masking Tape around the edges of the whole to make it a little stronger.
Now it was time to carve the face and this was rather scarey as I had a fear the whole thing would cave in lol.
To enhance the features I used strips of Ceriel Box and slid them in to place.
And this is as far as I have got, I decided to do a Layer of Mod Rock just to make him a bit stronger and I love this stuff :)
So all that's left to do is paint him, I think I'm going to paint him with Acrylics and then give him a coating of yaught varnish so hes weather proof. All though on the site he dry brushes Black Latex Exterior Paint, White Latex Prima paint and then diluted acrylics in orange, yellow and green. But I fear his method could get rather expensive for me :( though I suppose I could put a wanted post on Freecycle, we'll see.
I had such fun making him but it did take just over two weeks. I'm considering making a couple more with my boys but useing bags that we get from our local take out that are slightly smaller than the normal supermarket bags and see how they turn out. But this little project may have to wait as I have a back log of crafts and projects to complete lol.

No comments: